Capital Whisky Club is run by a group of whisky lovers for whisky lovers. While we want everyone to enjoy themselves, we do expect a certain level of behaviour from people attending our events. All members upon joining agree to the following terms of membership:
- Don’t be a dick. This is somewhat of a catch-all clause. If the admin team decides you’ve been a dick, your membership will be cancelled without refund. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a warning first.
- Right of admission reserved. If you’re known to have broken rule 1 in the past elsewhere, you’re not coming in – and if you break rule 1 elsewhere whilst a member, you risk getting kicked out for it. Admin team’s decision is final on this, and indeed all matters. If you would like to change the club’s position on this, or any other matter, please stand for committee election in 2023.
- The admin team are all volunteers, and are all paid-up members too (no freebies, we all pay our way), so please be nice. We’re learning this as we go along, and there are doubtless things we’ve forgotten. So the club reserves the right to change these terms of membership at any time.
- Don’t flip Club exclusive bottles. We’d rather you opened them and shared them. If you can’t do that, keep them for at least 18 months. Any Club exclusive bottle found outside your possession within 18 months (such as, but not limited to, at auction), without prior written permission from the Club admin team, will result in your membership being cancelled without refund.
- Members are encouraged to split bottles and run tastings on a not-for-profit basis, and to advertise these on Club channels. The Club reserves the right to request details of the financials of a bottle split to ensure it is being run not-for-profit. The club is happy to advise on best practices for bottling, shipping, and so on, please contact us.
- The Club is run not-for-profit, accruing funds exclusively for the benefit of members. Affiliate links on any Club channel must only benefit the club. If you don’t know what an affiliate link is, this clause is unlikely to apply to you. If you post an affiliate link to any Club channel with any beneficiary other than the Club then you will receive a warning; a second offence will result in your membership being cancelled without refund. The Club intends to provide a link generator on its website to produce affiliate links that will generate funds for the Club. For example, if you click here before you buy anything at Amazon, or click here before you buy anything at The Whisky Exchange, the Club will benefit.
- The Club is run not-for-profit, accruing funds exclusively for the benefit of its members. For-profit sales to Club members through any Club channel should produce some financial benefit to the Club. Bottle sales by retailers, for-profit private tastings, and so on that are advertised through Club channels, agree to donate a percentage of total monies received from each Club member to the Club membership pot, for the benefit of members, to be agreed in advance unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Club admin team. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of Rule 1.
- Don’t be a dick. It’s worth saying again. Just don’t.
Membership of Capital Whisky Club costs £55 per year. The membership year runs from 1st July to 30th June. New membership applications are currently available for the 2022/23 membership year until 30th June 2023.
To apply for membership, please click here.